Friday, May 16, 2008

Some Flash







Just click in the black box and orbs will appear. Click again to make them disappear. They are all generated via code.

Notables:



  • 50 orbs are created.
  • The orb's size is random.
  • If an orb stops in the middle, it'll explode.
  • Depths are determined based on the size of the orb.
  • The orbs chose a random location to go to once they've reached their current destination.
  • Lots of what I did was taken from gotoandlearn.com; I modified a tutorial to work in ActionScript 3.0
  • ActionScript is getting better. Flash is better in CS3. Flash version 10 (in beta) looks fantastic.

3 comments:

Mack said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tristan said...

That's pretty cool, man!

Unknown said...

Keep us posted on any other stuff you make. This one reminds me of the album covers from thinner.cc
(eg http://www.thinner.cc/pages/releases/releases_detail.php?id=thn099)

If you're taking requests I would like to suggest a demo in which you sync music with some trippy graphics. I always wished I could make those.